Do you know an “unsung hero?” Someone who does good things for others without asking for praise or recognition? Often these are people who have made “things” happen or quietly prove that one person can make a difference for many.
There are many facets in life, love, finances, work, and play. As you build a life of conscious choice, you may want to incorporate an intentional celebration of the unsung heroes in your life. Or you may decide that you want to make a difference by adding your efforts to make the world a better place.
Take a moment to personally thank one of the people in your life who make a difference for you or for others. Maybe it’s a teacher, policeman, nurse or doctor, or a family member who is taking care of a loved one. Recognize the effort and impact that one person can make in the lives of others.
Here are a few ideas for showing your appreciation:
- Give a sincere compliment to a colleague without expectations.
- Send a thank-you note to a person you have noticed whose actions benefit others.
- Give blood to help heal others who might be in bad health.
- If you see a veteran dining in a restaurant, discreetly pay for his or her dinner and ask the server to tell simply say, “America thanks you.”
- Donate to a cause one of your friends or family members is deeply involved with and let them know you appreciate their time.
- Post a message on social media “shining a spotlight on and thanking” a person you feel is making a difference.
- Host a lunch and honor the support team members whose work often goes unrecognized.
Discover and celebrate the heroes in your life!